Mets 8 Dodgers 9
- Top of the 1st: After a Dom Smith opposite field single, Alonso followed with a 2-run home run, giving the Mets the early 2-0 lead.
- Top of the 2nd: Todd Frazier would hit a line drive single before Adieny Hechavarria would drive him in with a hard hit double out to left-center field, Hechavarria would end up getting caught in a rundown as the Mets take the 3-0 lead.
- Bottom of the 2nd: The Dodgers hit the scoreboard when Matt Beaty doubled in Corey Seager, who hit a double of his own. Beaty would then come into score on a Alex Verdugo double, cutting the Mets lead to 3-2.
- Bottom of the 3rd: Max Muncy would score on a Justin Turner single, tying the game at 3 a piece.
- Top of the 5th: Just like in the first inning, Dom Smith singled before a Pete Alonso bomb. The home run would give the Mets the 2-run lead at 5-3 but would also tie Alonso with Mark McGwire for the most home runs by a rookie before June 1st.
- Top of the 6th: Adieny Hechavarria drove in Frazier for the second time of the night, this time with a single off of Pedro Baez out to left.
- Top of the 7th: Amed Rosario and Dom Smith did exactly what the Mets needed to do against a heavy hitting team like the Dodgers, and that’s pad on runs. The two would lead off the inning with a home run each, putting the Mets ahead 8-3. Alonso would single before a Michael Conforto double, putting runners on 2nd and 3rd with no out.
- Bottom of the 7th: Justin Turner picked up his second RBI of the night as he fisted a single off of the newly inserted reliever Robert Gsellman, just over the head of Amed Rosario. The hit would cut the lead in half, 8-4.
- Bottom of the 8th: Callaway would put Familia in the game and Corey Seager would home run off of the reliever’s third pitch of the game, slimming the lead down to 8-5.
- Bottom of the 9th: Edwin Diaz would give up his fourth and fifth home runs of the year to Joc Pederson and Max Muncy to put the Dodgers within one, with no outs. After a Justin Turner double, Bellinger hit a game-tying RBI double. Alex Verdugo would eventually win the game for the Dodgers in a terribly crushing loss for the Mets.
WP- Scott Alexander LP- Edwin Diaz
- Dom Smith had a multi-hit game, set the tables as he scored 3 runs, and drove in a run tonight for the Mets. He finished the game going 3-5 and is currently batting .370.
- Pete Alonso had a multi-home run game, driving in 4 RBI’s with his 2 home runs. He finished the night going 3-4 with 4 RBI’s and 2 runs scored. Alonso is now batting .264 on the year.
- Carlos Gomez made a phenomenal throw to cut down Corey Seager at third base to put an end to the 5th inning.
- Adieny Hechavarria also picked up a multi-hit game with a couple of RBI’s. Hechavarria has definitely filled in well, so far. The veteran went 2-4 and is now batting .250 on the year.
- Syndergaard pitched a decent game, going 6 innings, giving up 3 runs on 7 hits while walking 2 and striking out 5.