- Top of the 1st: Nick Castellanos hit what looked to be a fly ball to right field which eventually made it’s way over the wall for a solo shot. The home run put the Tigers up, 1-0.
- Top of the 3rd: Nick Castellanos came through for he Tigers again when he hit an opposite field single that drove in 2-runs, putting Detroit up by 3.
- Bottom of the 4th: After a Dom Smith double and Wilson Ramos single, Todd Frazier aggressively pushed a “slug bunt” to a vacated right side of the infield. The single moved Ramos to 3rd as well as driving in Dom Smith, cutting the lead to 3-1. Adieny Hechavarria then provides us with a Déjà vu moment when hit an opposite field three run home run, putting the Mets up by one, 4-3.
Notes – Detroit 3 New York Mets 4
WP- Zack Wheeler (4-3) LP- Spencer Turnbull (2-4) Save- Edwin Diaz (13)
- Zack Wheeler worked 7.1 innings, giving up 3 runs on 5 hits while striking out 8 and lowering his ERA to 4.63.
- Juerys Familia came into a high stress situation in the 8th and struck out the only 2 batters he faced, earring his 7th Hold while lowering his ERA to 5.66.
- Edwin Diaz got into trouble but he managed to get out of it as well. The closer picked up his 13th save of the season, just a day after blowing his first save in a long while. Diaz now has an ERA of 1.71.
- The Mets have 15 home runs during this 7-game home stand.