- Bottom of the 2nd: Wilson Ramos turned on a fastball to tie the game at one. The home run is his 4th of the year, 2nd in his last 2 at-bats and is 7 for his last 12.
- Bottom of the 4th: J.D. Davis lead the 4th off with a single, then in an odd turn of events, the umpires called two straight balks on Tigers pitcher Carpenter that end up putting Davis on 3rd. The Buffalo Wilson Ramos then did what he does best, driving in Davis with an RBI single.
- Top of the 6th: Tyler Bashlor hung a curveball to Brandon Dixon and Dixon took advantage by crushing it over the left field wall. The home run put the Tigers up 3-2.
- Bottom of the 6th: The Mets got back in front almost immediately when Wilson Ramos hit his second home run of the game. The home rune, his 5th of the year drove in J.D. Davis.
- Top of the 8th: Edwin Diaz was brought on to get a 4-out save for the first time of the season and Diaz would end up giving up the tying run to Jacoby Jones, who has his 5th RBI of the series.
- Top of the 12th: After Mets reliever Hector Santiago loaded the bases with 2-outs, pinch hitter John Hicks would fly out to Juan Lagares to retire the side.
- Bottom of the 13th: Tomas Nido would lead the inning off with his 3rd career home run, an opposite field shot for a walk-off win.
Notables- DET 4 NYM 5 (13 innings)
WP Santiago (1-0) LP Farmer (3-4)
- Jason Vargas pitched 5 innings, giving up 1 run on 5 hits, striking out 3 and lowering his ERA to 5.22 on he year. Solid return for the veteran lefty.
- Wilson Ramos hit two home runs in his multi-hit game, The Buffalo went 3-4 with 4 RBI’s and 2 runs scored.
- Todd Frazier had a multi-hit game, the New Jersey native went 2-5.
- Hector Santiago pitched 2 scoreless innings and still has yet to give up any earned runs on the season.