- Top of the 1st: Syndergaard had runners on first and third after a walk and a single with nobody out, Nick Castellanos then hit a broken bat bloop single into center field. With runners on the corners again, Miguel Cabrera lined a sacrifice fly to right field to put the Tigers up by two. Noah then ended the inning by striking out the next two batters.
- Top of the 2nd: Noah Syndergaard gave up a 447 ft 2-run home run to outfielder Jacoby Jones, making it 4-0.
- Bottom of the 3rd: Amed Rosario hit his 5th home run of the season, putting he Mets in the run column.
- Bottom 4th: Pete Alonso lead off with a line drive double down the left-field line. Wilson Ramos drove him in with the line drive RBI single out to right center field, the single cut the lead in half, 4-2. Rajai Davis then hit a 1-out single to put the tying runs on base. Adieny Hechavarria drilled a Gregory Soto fastball over the right field wall for a 3-run home run. The home run would give the Mets the 5-4 lead after falling behind 4-0.
- Top of the 5th: Miguel Cabrera hit his 467th home run of his career, a solo shot to tie that game at 5 a piece.
- Bottom of the 5th: Rookie Pete Alonso hit his 17th home run on the year,
- Top of the 6th: After giving up a walk and a double, Mickey Callaway removed Syndergaard from the game with runners on 2nd and 3rd. Callaway would bring in righty Tyler Bashlor with one out on the inning. Bashlor would give up a sacrifice fly to tie the game at 6, on the first batter Bashlor saw.
- Bottom of the 6th: Aaron Altherr helped put the Mets back in front when he crushed a fastball out over the middle of the plate in his first at-bat with the Orange & Blue.
- Top of the 7th: Jacoby Jones drove in his 3rd and 4th RBI’s when he hit a 2-out line drive double off of Drew Gagnon. Brandon Dixon then followed with an RBI single to center field, putting the Tigers up, 9-7.
- Bottom of the 8th: The Buffalo Wilson Ramos hit a home run to lead the inning off, putting the Mets within one. The home run is The Buffalo’s third of the season and he drove in his 27th on his 2-RBI night.
Notables – Det 9 NYM 8
- Amed Rosario went 2-5 with an RBI and a run scored. (.259)
- Pete Alonso went 2-4 with an RBI and 2 runs scored. (.256)
- Wilson Ramos went 2-4 with 2 RBI’s and 2 runs scored. (.257)
- Adieny Hechavarria went 2-4 with 3 RBI’s and a run scored. (.208)
- Tyler Bashlor pitched 0.2 innings lowering his ERA to 0.93.
- Juerys Familia pitched a scoreless inning lowering his ERA to 5.85.
- Hector Santiago pitched a scoreless inning and has yet to give up an earned run.