- Jeff McNeil continues to log in multi-hit games, today the utility man went 4-5 with an RBI, his 12th and a run scored. He picked up his 8th double of the season and is now batting .370 during the 2019 campaign. He has four career 4-hit games.
- Todd Frazier hit a solo home run, his 2nd of the year. Frazier went 1-4.
- Michael Conforto picked up a big RBI single in the bottom of the 8th, his 14th RBI of the year. He finished off going 1-4.
- Amed Rosario went 2-3 while drawing a base on balls, the shortstop is batting .274.
- Jason Vargas pitched a solid game. He went 5.1 innings, striking out 5, walking 3, giving up only 3 hits and 1 earned run. His record is now 1-1 with an ERA of 5.75, a drastic improvement.
- Reliever Robert Gsellman pitched 1.2 scoreless innings, giving up only 1 hit and striking out 3. Gsellman has now lowered his ERA to 3.86.
- Drew Gagnon came in for Juerys Familia after he couldn’t secure the win in the 9th, Gagnon pitched 1.1 scoreless innings while striking out 2. Gagnon would pick up his first W of 2019.
- J.D. Davis led off the bottom of the 10th smoking a pinch-hit double in the gap in a 9-pitch at bat.
- Pete Alonso would get his first career walk off RBI, winning the game 4-3, in the 10th inning.
The Reds will send Anthony DeSciafani (1-1, 4.26 ERA) to the mound to take on the Mets and Jacob deGrom (2-3, 4.85 ERA) at Citi Field, 7:10PM.