- Conforto doubled and put the Mets in the hit column in the second, as well as scoring a run. He later worked a full count and drew a walk, going 1-4 with a run scored.
- Wilson Ramos got his 3rd extra base hit of the season with his second inning double with an exit velocity of 104.3 MPH, driving in Conforto. Ramos would finish the night going 1-4 with a RBI, his 25th, and run scored.
- Amed Rosario immediately followed with a single up the middle, driving in Ramos for his 17th RBI of the year. Rosario would also go 1-4 in tonight’s contest.
- Pete Alonso and Brandon Nimmo would both walk with the bases loaded, back to back in the bottom of the fourth inning to tie the game, an inning that consisted of 4 walks. Alonso now has 25 RBI’s this season.
- While it’s not the “normal” multi-hit game for Jeff McNeil, he did pick up 3 walks.
- Seth Lugo pitched a scoreless 6th inning, lowering his ERA to 4.08.
- Juerys Familia pitched a scoreless 7th, getting out of a jam. His ERA is now 5.68.
The Mets will send Jason Vargas to the mound (1-1, 7.20 ERA) to take on the Reds and their ace Luis Castillo (3-1, 1.23 ERA.), Castillo has the lowest ERA in the league. The game will take place at Citi Field, 7:10 PM.