- Steven Matz was outstanding, he made one mistake and paid for it. Besides the home run given up to Moustakas, he couldn’t have done much better. He pitched 7 innings, giving up 5 hits and 2 earned runs. The left handed struck out 4 batters and walked none, he’s now 3-1 and his ERA is now 3.68 on the 2019 campaign.
- Rosario drove in a run with an a well hit RBI double out to right center field, driving in Brandon Nimmo to put the Mets up 1-0. Amed would finish the game going 1-4 with a run scored and an RBI, his 16 of the season.
- Todd Frazier picked up a multi hit game with two singles. His second single was a curveball off of his shoe tops in which he looped to left field, driving in the Mets second run. He went 2-4 on the afternoon.
- J.D. Davis came up clutch with a pinch-hit RBI single in the bottom of the 7th inning. The single put Steven Matz in line for the win.
- Reliever Seth Lugo came on in the 8th inning and pitched a 1-2-3 inning by striking out the side, holding the Mets lead to 3-2.
- The light hitting Tomas Nido came up big while picking up his first hit of the season with the bases loaded. Nido would cash in with a 2-run double, putting the Mets up by three at 5-2.
- Edwin Diaz picked up his 8th save of the season, pitching another 1-2-3 inning.
Zack Wheeler (2-2, 4.85 ERA) will take on Tanner Roark (1-1, 3.24 ERA) of the Cincinnati Reds (11-15) on Monday night at Citi Field, 7:10 PM.